Pulled Duck Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Serve these delicious sriracha drizzled soft tacos topped with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh coriander leaves, if desired.
- 2 cups of salsa (500 mL)
- King Cole Pulled Duck*, thawed (about 10 ozs/300 g)
- 6 small corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Serves 6.
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- ¾ cup (175 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup (175 mL) cooked corn kernels
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red pepper
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each ground cumin and chili powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) regular or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each sriracha sauce and lime juice
- Using fingers, separate pulled duck and place in microwaveable bowl; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Combine sriracha mayo ingredients in another bowl.
- Microwave pulled duck on HIGH for 1½ to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup (75 mL) pulled duck, top with a little salsa and sriracha mayo. 6. Serve immediately.
Crisp crostini are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck to create a fun, bright and delicious appetizer. Great finger food to accompany drinks this summer. Key: Look for variety of packs of wild mushrooms that include cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms.