Duck and Mushroom Crostini
- Prep Time: 24 Mins
Crisp crostini are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck to create a fun, bright and delicious appetizer. Great finger food to accompany drinks this summer. Key: Look for variety of packs of wild mushrooms that include cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms.
- 1 tbsp (15ml) butter
- 2 pkgs (8 oz. each) wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp (7 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- Pinch pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup (50ml) chopped roasted red peppers
- Half an artisan baguette, sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- 1 King Cole Smoked Duck Breast
Makes approx. 24 pieces.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for about 12 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Stir in cream cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in red peppers, set aside.
- Brush baguette slices with oil and toast in 400F (200C) oven for about 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with kosher salt and let cool.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and sear duck breast, skin side down for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove to cutting board and thinly slice on a diagonal.
- Spread mushroom mixture onto toasted baguette slices and top with duck slices.