Spicy Mango and Duck Martini
Asian flavours work perfectly with the rich taste of duck and the sweet, spicy sauce that combines with the mango for an exciting new taste. Whether you serve it up in a martini glass or roll it up in a lettuce cup, this will be the talk of your next party!
- 1 King Cole Smoked Duck Breast
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup (50ml) finely diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp (25ml) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp (25ml) water
- 2 tbsp (25ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10ml) granulated sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1ml) each red pepper flakes and salt
- Baby spring greens
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional).
- Makes 6 servings.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and sear duck breast for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to cutting board and dice; place in bowl. Add mango, red pepper and coriander.
- In a small bowl, stir together water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt, until sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over duck mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide mixed greens among martini glasses and top with duck mixture.
Crisp crostini are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck to create a fun, bright and delicious appetizer. Great finger food to accompany drinks this summer. Key: Look for variety of packs of wild mushrooms that include cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms.