Proscuitto Wrapped Duck Spiedini with Pesto
Serve these easy to prepare appetizers for entertaining or as part of a light meal with a salad.
- 1 pkg KCD Spiedini, thawed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ tbsp (37 mL) prepared pesto
- 5 slices prosciutto, trimmed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each pesto and lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Makes 10 spiedini.
- Separate spiedini and sprinkle with pepper.
- Brush all sides with pesto.
- Split each slice prosciutto into 2 strips and wrap around spiedini, spiraling.
- Wrap skewer ends with foil to reduce scorching and place on broiling pan rack.
- Broil for about 6 minutes, turning once, or until cooked and lightly browned.
- Combine dip ingredients in small bowl and serve with spiedini.