Duck Sliders with Plum Sriracha Sauce and Cucumber-Radish Pickle
Perfect for a gathering or light meal. Serve on larger buns topped with your favourite slaw as another option.
- 1 500 g pkg KCD Pulled Duck Meat, thawed
- 20 (approx) mini burger buns
Plum Sriracha Sauce:
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) plum sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each soy sauce & apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 mini seedless cucumbers
- 5 – 6 small radishes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
Makes 20 sliders.
- Separate duck meat into shreds using fingers. Set aside
- Combine sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in duck meat and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumbers and radishes into julienne strips, about 1-inch (2.5 cm).
- Place in small bowl and add remaining ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour.
- To serve: place a small amount of duck filling on bottom side of each bun. Drain cucumber mixture and use to top duck filling. Top with bun tops and serve.
Crisp crostini are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck to create a fun, bright and delicious appetizer. Great finger food to accompany drinks this summer. Key: Look for variety of packs of wild mushrooms that include cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms.