Once you taste the rich, flavourful meat of a duck leg you will appreciate why they are in such high demand in North America. The slow, steady cooking process is the key to result in fall-off-the-bone meat.
How To Prepare:
- Remove from package and season duck leg with salt & pepper.
- Heat pan to Med-High and place leg skin-side down and sear for 9-10 minutes or until brown.
- Turn leg over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place leg in baking pan with herbs and roast in 400F oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 30 minutes or until tender (internal temp. of 165F).
- Chefs Tips: we recommend a pan filled with 5-6 Rosemary sprigs, 1 chopped onion, 2 peeled garlic cloves and 3 cups Chicken broth.
This is the product that started the King Cole tradition back in 1951. Our duck is 100% natural with no additives, preservatives or antibiotics. Simple and easy to prepare, a roast duck dinner is a guaranteed crowd pleaser with rich, tender meat and crispy skin. Whether it’s a holiday feast or Sunday night special, the roasted whole duck brings families together to enjoy more than just great food.
The breast is considered the premium cut of duck and sits atop the centre of menu at restaurants around the world. When cooked medium-to-rare, it creates a melt in your mouth texture. Like our naturally farmed whole duck with clean label ingredients, the boneless breast is 100% duck.
Similar to our famous Smoked Duck Breast, the Peppered Breast is fully cooked and can be served cold on a salad, or warmed to top your homemade pizza. This breast is tossed in a peppercorn marinade and smoked for mouth-watering flavour.
*Only available at our Farm Fresh Store